Thursday, January 4, 2007

Sofrito For Your Soul Closed?

I am overwhelmed by the amount of emails and calls I have gotten over the last two days...NO, we are not closing the site down for good. Thank you so much for noticing...sometimes when you look at the web reports and see the traffic statistics you do not really see the publics appreciation for the website.

We are about to go into our tenth year as a website and it has grown so much that I had to take a step back to take inventory of both our success and our areas of opportunity.Our success is defined in how long we have been doing what we are doing. We went from being a local school poetry website to being a portal of latino cultural information enjoyed by over 25,000 people in more countries than I know existed.

One of the biggest opportunities was to organize the website in a way that would make it easier for users to navigate and find the information they are interested in. We also need to get volunteer editors and further develop our content exchange program with other websites.

Another opportunity was to find a way to offset the costs of the website which have grown considerably over the years. I have tried to keep advertising to a minimum to allow readers to focus on what is important (feeding your soul). I have decided to open to door to sponsorship with organizations that are relevant to our community. I will also be starting a donation drive for anyone who would like to support us via donation.

Thank you again for all of your support...it truly keeps me grounded.

I am heading out to Florida to visit my family and celebrate El Dia De Los Reyes and I promise you when I come back the site will be back up in no time and better than you can ever have imagined.

As I am...
George Torres
The Urban Jibaro

No comments: