Saturday, January 12, 2008

So you want to know where I have been?

Saludos mi gente...

Primero que nada...Happy Nu Jear to everyone...I hope that this year is filled with prosperity for anyone with a dream to be fulfilled in their heart.

Now I have recieved some serious email about the status of this blog from some of you that actually were kind of feeling where I was going with this. I do want to apologize for starting something and not following thru...but CONYO (there is no tilde on Blogger...or I just do not know how to do it.) 2007 was a heavy year for the Urban Jibaro.

Here is a recap of what happenned...

  • I reformatted Sofrito For Your Soul to Blog Format for content management purposes as well as to reach a larger audience...the blogosphere is hot right now...and we wanted to share our brand of cultural conciousness with as many people as possible.

  • I partnered up with MI GENTE GURU Paposwiggity aka the GODFATHER to create a live tangible event in my hometown of Brooklyn that will translate most of what I have tried to accomplish thru Sofrito but in a way where we can actually touch the people. So after 10 years of talking "ish" Papo and I co founded CAPICU POETRY & CULTURAL SHOWCASE. This venture I am sure will be the topic of many more posts...stay tuned.

  • Another project that got off the ground in 2007 was my dream to create a podcast or audio platform for people that either do not really connect with the website...or do not live in Brooklyn to see the live show...I partnered up with my best friend / fraternity brother Javier "The Guy" Ramirez and in July 2007, we aired our first broadcast of RADIO CAPICU, the first Latino talk show on BlogTalkRadio.com

  • That coupled with a series of community events, charity initiatives, lectures and even a performance in JIBARO SOY at the NUYORICAN POETS CAFE with Comedy Troup LOSE CONTROL and HIP HOP POET & EMCEE OL SoUL...and after all that I still had to maintain my lifestyle as a mild mannered upward Latino management professional working for the leader in the worldwide Telecom business.

Yoooo....me canse just talking about that, and that is just a verrrrry general summary. One of the things that I resolved for 2008 was not to stop writing in my quest in spreading the word to the masses. I hereby renew my compromiso to sharing my personal insight to a lot of what is going on both with me...and my perspective on the things that I see.

As I am,

The Urban Jibaro...

PS...this blog will be mirrored on MYSPACE for all you interne' tecatos out there! The MYSPACE link is...SofritoMediaGroup..add us today!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE SOFRITO MEDIA GROUP BLOG

No comments: